Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 6.

Oh my goodness, we go home tomorrow!

We so don't want our holiday to end, we have just loved our little piece of paradise. 




We are in no hurry, we eat our breakfast and make our plans for the day.  Garmy and Liam don't really care much on where to go, so I said I wanted to go back to Hardy's and pick up a couple of things I had been thinking about.  They could come if they wanted to.  So the three of us set of again in the shuttle, delivered to Hardy's front door.

This shopping trip was going to be easier, because I had a plan.  More thongs for Garmy and Liam, while up on the second floor I chose 2 handbags.  I bought 2 more tops in different colours the same as I got yesterday.  I chose a purple one for Liam's favourite carer, she will be chuffed.
Liam got some more sunglasses, downstairs he bought 2 bottles of imitation aftershave.  He was right pleased with himself!

Our afternoon was spent leisurely around the pool, enjoying the sunshine and beautiful weather.  After awhile I decided that I would like to go for a walk and explore the street that we are on.  Again, boys don't want to come, so I go alone.  I head out of the Kamuela and turn right.  There are plenty of little stalls and shops along the way.  I have found a pancake house and another nice looking restaurant.  They will be useful next time we come back.  I then come across some lovely displays of art.  There was a young mother blissfully painting while her little toddler played at her feet.  I liked her paintings, may have a better look next time I am here.

I was after some more singlets for Garmy so when I was approached by a lady I did go into her stall.  She did have the singlets I wanted, but only two, I wanted four.  She was determined to have my sale, she literally ran to other stalls to get what I wanted.  When it came to paying, I didn't worry in the least that I paid a dollar or two more than we had the day before.  This lady did all the work for me, I was grateful for her effort.  I carried on up the street and eventually crossed over and started walking back the other side.  I went in and out of several stores and another art gallery.  Read a menu for Ari Puri which is a stone throw from where we are staying, had a laugh with a guy who was using a feather duster to dust the motor of his car!  All good, very pleasant stroll.

Dinner tonight we have chosen a restaurant that we have walked past everyday. Paon.  Everyday our mouths watered looking at the seafood.  Big seafood splash out tonight for our final dinner, to toast our very successful holiday adventure.



Very, very good choice of restaurant.  The lobster was delicious and so was that desert.We will definitely be coming back to this one.  Next time Liam and I might come over here for afternoon tea and have a desert and coffee.  Yum yum.  We didn't stay out too late, I needed to do a bit of organizing regarding suitcases.  On our way past reception we confirmed our car to the airport was going to be ready.  All good.  

Because we had kept things to a minimum, pack up was fairly easy, so bed time wasn't too late.  Still had time for a very long hot shower.  Mmmmm.

Sixth day in Bali a complete success.


No comments:

Post a Comment